Before I leave for Kutch this weekend, I thought to share another tried and tested recipe with you people. It was one of the first recipes I tried my hands on when I started my Baking Adventure. It is very healthy and super easy to make. It is so yummy, already my favorite cookies.
Let’s start with the recipe:
- 1/2 Cup Ghee (Soft but not in the liquid form)
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery Powder ( If you don’t have it, you can use powder sugar)
- 1 TSP Vanilla (Optional but I would suggest to add it if you aren’t planning on eating away whole freshly baked batch. I usually finish it within 24 hours 😛 )
Mix well all the wet ingredients with beater. Make sure there isn’t any lump; the better you mix, better the cookie’s texture will be.
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 TSP grated nutmeg (Optional, It gives a different aroma and woody flavor to cookies when served warm)
- 1 TSP cornflour (Optional, Add only if you like your cookies chewy, I wouldn’t suggest though)
Combine all the dry ingredients.
Now add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and start mixing them. Make it a dough using cut and fold method thorough a spatula or a spoon. Avoid using hands. Warmth of your hand may affect the consistency of the dough. Consistency of the dough should not be too soft or too hard.
Add milk if you feel that your dough is not soft enough. You may add milk up to 1/4 Cup if needed. Understand that I can not give exact measurement of milk because it depends upon the quality of wheat flour and density of the ghee you are using.
Once your dough is ready, put in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
Now when you want to bake it, Preheat your oven at 200°. Always remember, Convection mode in convection microwave oven is the same as oven.
While your oven is heating, start with taking small portion of dough and shaping it on a baking tray; use a butter/parchment paper or double layer of aluminum foil underneath. Tap down the thickness of your cookies to about 1/2 inch using your fingers. Now throw some chocolate chips over it and your cookies are ready to be baked.
Bake cookies for about 7-8 mins on 200° and then for 15 mins on 180°. Keep the cookies in the baking tray for another 5 mins after taking it out of oven…
…And your cookies are ready!!
These are best served warm.